Sunday, January 14, 2007

another quiz... What's my accent?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Other dialectal possibilities include the West, Boston, North Central, The Inland North, The South, Philadelphia, and The Northeast.
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


So apparently I don't have one. I think most comedians have accents--I shall adopt one when on stage. But which one?--there are so many.

Fake Accents
One time I knew this guy from Michigan that was stalking my roommate (who was also a guy *weird--it was for experimental-music reasons), and he always spoke with a British accent. Yeah, any of you ever meet a person with a permanent fake accent? What did you do about it? We avoided him like a mafia hit-man. One time I was in the Malt Shop on Freedom Blvd with my roommate (the stalk-ee) and friends. This joint has huge mirrors on some of the walls. I happened to be looking in a mirror (well I'm a little vain, so that's not a shocker), and I see the stalker walk in the shop. I discretely communicated the situation to my roommate, and, without making a huge scene, the two of us successfully evacuated a group of 9 clueless friends. Then, on the way home, we told them a ridiculous exaggerated version of the original story to freak them out.
Part of the true story was the guy's fake accent. That really freaked them out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

you have no idea how hard this made me laugh.

he still contacts me on occasion, but i make it as awkward for him as possible and try to avoid it at all costs. strange times.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home